If a worker dies as a result of a workplace accident or occupational disease, under Missouri law the family is entitled to:
1. Burial expense up to $5,000.00.
2. Weekly benefit payments, divided among the surviving spouse and children, until:
- the children reach age 18 (or age 22 if enrolled in school or the armed forces), at which time that child’s portion is divided among the others, and
- the spouse dies or remarries, at which time that portion is divided among the others.
- if there are no surviving children under the age of 22, and no surviving spouse, then no benefits are owed beyond the burial expense.
The amount of the weekly payment is 66 2/3% of your average weekly wages at the time of the injury, not to exceed a maximum amount set by law.
We help families whose loved ones have been killed in work accidents. We offer a free consultation so that you may discuss your concerns with an experienced attorney. Contact us online or call our St. Louis office at 314-862-6865 to schedule your free initial consultation. When you meet with us, ask about:
- Evening and weekend appointments
- Home and hospital visits
- No attorneys fees unless you collect